|Western Kentucky Hilltoppers|
|Established in 1906|
|Hilltoppers, WKU, Toppers|
|Bowling Green, Kentucky|
|CFP National Championships|
Western Kentucky University the Blimpist University.
- 100 Miles of Hate - 100 Miles of Hate is the name of the long-standing rivalry with the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders. As WKU's oldest rivalry the two programs played together for several decades in the Ohio Valley Conference before both became members of the Sun Belt Conference and then transitioned to Conference USA about the same time. The name comes from the fact that the two universities are separated by about 100 miles.
- FFBI Bowl - Moonshine Throwdown is the name of the rivalry with the Marshall Thundering Herd. The two programs met for the first time in 1941 where Marshall held the series 4–1 until meeting again in 2014 for the first time in 18 years. Marshall and WKU met on November 28, 2014 for the last regular season game, a season in which Marshall was ranked #24 and was undefeated while WKU was a Conference USA newcomer. In a shootout of a game, where the players got into a scuffle even during warm ups, WKU went for a 2-point conversion in overtime beating Marshall 67-66 effectively igniting the rivalry.
The Hilltoppers run a Spread Offense, and a 3-4 Defense.
- WKU held the record for fewest points allowed. The ferocious Hilltopper defense held Ball State to a mere 6 points in their 21 point win.
- WKU currently holds the record for most yards in a game. They compiled 886 yards vs FAU.
- WKU defeated FAU 85-17: a margin of victory of 68 points: the FCFB record.
- WKU was the last team to allow a TD. Their first allowed TD was against EMU with 5 minutes left in the third quarter.
Currently in its inaugural season as a part of NFCAA football, Western Kentucky University has played ten games.
|Week 1: vs Ball State|
|Week 2: vs Eastern Michigan|
|Victory, 28-0||Week 3: vs USF|
|Victory, 34-17||Week 4: vs FIU|
Week 5: vs UTEP
Week 6: vs Southern Miss
Week 7: vs Colorado State
Week 8: vs Old Dominion
Week 9: vs FAU
Week 10: vs Marshall